Signs You Need Drain Cleaning Services
Nothing can bring down your day like a clogged drain.
When you start noticing the signs of a clogged drain, call General Rooter Sewer & Drain Cleaning. We offer professional drain cleaning services for plumbing problems in your home.
If you see any of these signs of a clogged drain in your home, it’s time to bring in General Rooter Sewer & Drain Cleaning!
- Water is slow to drain or is not draining at all from your sink, shower, bathtub, or toilet
- Water is backing up in your sink, shower, bathtub, or toilet
- Water is puddling around a sink, bathtub, toilet, floor drain, or laundry room
- Unpleasant odor coming from the drains
While a clog can be easy to clear, if you do not address it quickly, it can lead to more serious issues.
Why do drains get clogged?
Almost every homeowner will run into a clogged drain at some point. What you might not know is what is causing your clog. Keep an eye out for the following issues with your kitchen, bathroom, basement, and laundry room drain that may require drain cleaning services.
Kitchen sinks can become clogged with the build-up of grease, food particles, ground-up food from your garbage disposal, and even soap.
- You should never pour hot grease—even in small amounts—down your kitchen sink drain. When the grease cools, it hardens and will block the pipes. Instead, pour hot grease into a temperature-safe container and throw it into the trash once it’s cooled.
Have you ever taken a shower only to have the water rising around your feet? That’s thanks to a clogged drain!
Bathroom drains can experience plenty of issues. The sink, shower, and bathtub drain can get clogged with hair, soap, toothpaste, shaving cream, shampoo, and conditioner. When these products build up in your pipes, you’ll probably notice slow-to-drain sinks and tubs.
- Try not to rinse too much hair down the shower. As it builds up, it will trap other products, making the clog worse.
- Toilets can become clogged because of toilet paper, feminine products, and wet wipes.
- Keep your toilet from clogging by being mindful of what you flush. Feminine products and wipes should never go in the toilet—even the wipes that claim to be flushable!
Clogs don’t just happen in sink drains or other bathroom accessories.
Houses are typically equipped with floor drains in the basement, laundry room, utility room, and bathroom shower. You might also find floor drains in the garage or on the patio or driveway.
All of these drains are equipped with a trap that works to prevent dirt and debris from clogging them up. If you notice an odor coming from a floor drain in your home, that usually means the drain is clogged.
- Floor drains should be kept filled with water to prevent odors and sewer gas from escaping into your home. Try pouring cool, clean water into the drain.
If these tips aren’t keeping your drain clear, call General Rooter Sewer & Drain Cleaning for professional drain cleaning services to get your drains working smoothly!
General Rooter – Proud To Provide Minneapolis-St Paul & Metro Area and Mankato Region Drain Cleaning Services
General Rooter offers a variety of professional sewer and drain services. We help our customers with:
- Clogged kitchen drain, bathroom drain, laundry room drain, and basement drains
- Clogged garbage disposals
- Clogged sewer pipes and main sewer lines
- Preventative maintenance drain and line cleaning
- Sewer cleaning services
- Main line camera inspections
- Hydro Jetting main lines
- Portable jetting of kitchen drains, floor drains, bathroom drains, laundry room drains
- Pipelining option
Give us a call today at 763-634-2564 for drain cleaning service in and around the Twin Cities area, or call 507-550-2564 for drain service in Southern Minnesota.